Mmmmm Pumpkins!! Pumpkin pie, pumpkin muffins, pumpkin anything is yummy! Here’s our latest sorta healthy pumpkin chocolate chip muffins recipe.
2/3 cup sugar
1 cup apple sauce
1 can (14-ish oz) pumpkin
3 cups flour (I use whole wheat)
1 heaping tbsp cinnamon
1 tbsp cloves
1 tbsp nutmeg
2 tsp b. powder
2 tsp b. soda
1 tsp salt
2/3 cup chocolate chips, raisins, or dried cranberries (optional)
1/2 cup flax (optional)
Mix sugar, oil, eggs, and pumpkin in a large bowl, and mix dry ingredients together in a medium bowl.
Combine dry ingredients with wet and stir in any optional ingredients.
Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes and enjoy!
Whenever one of us gets sick, we’ll usually make a BIG pot of homemade chicken noodle soup. And since it’s cold season and the girls have some runny noses, it’s time to make a pot. Here’s our recipe, though feel free to play with it.
2 pounds of chicken (So either a whole chicken chopped up, some chicken thighs, bone-in chicken breast, boneless chicken breast and then throw in some chicken necks for flavor, and if you can find ‘em, throw in some chicken feet with the nails chopped off. YUM!) 2 Medium Onions 5 carrots 5 stalks of celery 1 tablespoon peppercorns 1 tablespoon salt (Kosher if you’ve got it) 1 tablespoon parsley flakes 8-12 cups of water. (Enough to cover everything in the pot) Directions
- Chop up your chicken and toss it into a large stock pot.
- Wash two stalks of celery and two carrots then break them by hand and toss them into the pot. Don’t worry about pealing the carrots. We’re going to toss these after the chicken’s cooked. Take one of the onions, cut it into four and then toss that into the pot with the skin on.
- Add your spices to the pot and then fill it up with water so it covers everything.
- Cook everything on a slow boil for an hour and a half with the lid on.
- After everything’s cooked, take the pot off of the burner. Put a big colander into a big bowl and pour everything into it. Strain out the liquid and then pour the liquid back into the pot. Set aside the chicken and veg to cool.
- Dice the rest of your carrots, celery and onion and toss it into the pot with the soup stock. Cook this on low until the carrots are tender. At this time you could also mix up some dumpling if you like and cook them up.
- Now back to our cooling veg and chicken. De-bone the chicken and chop it into bite sized pieces and toss it into the lightly boiling soup stock. You can compost the cooked veggies or give them to your pet. We just used them for flavour.
- Now cook up some of your favourite noodles. We prefer whole wheat egg noodles.
- Once everything’s cooked you’re ready to serve. Spoon some noodles into a bowl and then top it with some soup. Yummy!
We’re back from a week in Disneyland. The entire place was done up for Christmas with lights, christmas trees, presents and music. Even the characters were in Christmas hats, sweaters, etc. What a great start to the Christmas season.
Tyler had a blast meeting all of the characters, going on the rides and seeing all of the shows. Tyler was a half inch too short for some of the bigger rides, so we bought her some 1 inch heal princess shoes and off she went onto Splash Mountain, Soarin’ Over California, Jumping Jelly Fish and the swings. I can’t wait to get her on some of the really big rides the next time we go.
Emma had fun too. She enjoyed all of the lights and characters. Anything bright made her happy.
It was a great trip and we look forward to coming back when Cars land is open. The girls were amazing overall with Tyler putting herself down for naps in the stroller. They’re both super happy to be home though.
Now on to Christmas!!!
Here’s a cute little video of Emma waking up and talking to her friends. She’s SO cute! Emma’s weighing in at 11lbs 13ozs and has grown almost an inch. She’s a little eating machine and she’s fitting into Tyler’s 6 month clothes. Enjoy the video!
|Release Date||August 21, 2010 @ 10:58PM|
|Curb Weight||9lb 12oz|
|Trim Color||Brown hair, dark blue/hazel eyes|
|Maintenance||Diaper changes every two hours|
|Fuel Economy||4 hours per fill|
We’ve had numerous phone calls, emails and text messages from family and friends all asking where our little Monkey was, and we can finally say she’s here!! Emma Kinley Blumenfeld was born on Saturday, August 21, 2010 at 10:58pm. She is 22.5inches tall and weighs in at a whopping 9lb 12oz. That’s 1.5″ longer and 2lb heaver than Tyler was. Both Melissa and Emma are doing great!! We would like to thank everyone for their support throughout the entire pregnancy and we can’t wait for everyone to meet her! Check out the images on the right, we’ve already started posting pictures.
The arrival of Baby Boo 2 is coming up quick. We’ve been busy little monkey’s running around getting the nursery ready. It looks amazing and I’ll definitely have pictures up soon. The tummy’s getting huge too. Melissa has six weeks to go and her tummy is bigger than when she was 2 weeks overdue with Tyler. It’s a lot of fun watching and feeling our little monkey moving around in there and we can’t wait to meet him or her.
On Wednesday my clients, Rockin’ River Productions, flew me up to Fort McMurray to help with the Dwight Yoakam concert that they were putting on. It was a great show even if you aren’t into that kind of music and everyone there was just having a blast. Except for the lady who left her kid alone so she could go into the beer garden. BRUTAL!! The RCMP helped explain some parenting rules to her as they escorted her out of the concert. Rockin’ River’s holding their second annual River Fest music festival in Mission on August 13 & 14, so if you’re into country music you should definitely check it out.
And to put a big smile on your face, here are a couple videos of the kids having some fun. The first one is of Tyler and Grover just playing around. You definitely get to see what great buds they are. And the second video is of Tyler cracking the eggs for a cake. I’m SOOO proud! She used to just smash them, so it’s great that she can actually open them up without leaving shells in the bowl.
This our our favourite cookie recipe. They have lots of healthy ingredients in there, so you have less guilt when you have one extra cookie.
1 cup softened butter or margarine
1 cup packed brown sugar (Feel free to cut down on the sugar amounts. The cookies still turn out great. And don’t pack the brown sugar.)
1/2 cup white sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
1/2 cup flax
1 cup chopped walnuts
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs one at a time, then stir in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt; stir into the creamed mixture until just blended. Mix in the quick oats, walnuts, and chocolate chips. Drop by heaping spoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 16 minutes in the preheated oven until lightly browned. Depending on the oven they can sometimes take up to 20 minutes to bake.
- Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 3 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
It’s less than two months to go before our new little Monkey is here. His/Her room is all painted up like Tyler’s old room and we’re getting the clothes organized, crib ready and an overnight bag packed, cause you never know when our day will be.
This week we got out for one last camping trip before our little Monkey comes so we headed up to Davis Lake and had a nice relaxing break on the lake. Thanks Dan & Jacquie! Pictures have been posted to the site so be sure to check those out.
And here’s a quick video of Tyler & Grover playing dress-up.
Tyler had an amazing birthday weekend! Big thanks to Zadie and Grandpa for the party’s they threw for Tyler. And a big THANK YOU to everyone else who celebrated with her. You all DEFINITELY spoiled her rotten. The party on Saturday was a great last bash to send off the old house. A few more days of packing and then it’s MOVING DAY!!!! We’re so excited! Have a great week everyone!
We aren’t going to peek, but we can all guess. What’s your guess for the specs on our new model? Curb weight/height, release date, etc. You can vote online here: http://www.expectnet.com/logingame.php?game_name=BabyBooTwo. We look forward to seeing the guesses and will have a small prize for the winner.
The estimated due date is August 10th. For a reference Tyler was 7 lbs 12 oz and 21 inches.